Virtual Book Club

ARCHIVED PAGE

This summer, we are very happy to be reading the book, Wonder, by R.J. Palacio!

If you would like to read along with us, we’re happy to have you! We have set a target completion of the book for August 3, 2014.

You may choose to read along with us on a set schedule, or you can also set your own schedule. This page will be available for discussion in the comments section.

REMINDERS:

• Please keep your comments appropriate and constructive. Comments that are at all inappropriate will not be approved and will be deleted.
  • NO SPOILERS, please. We’re not all reading the chapters at the same rate, so be respectful of those who haven’t read as far as you have.

SCHEDULE (optional – you may make your own schedule, if you choose!):

Week 1 – complete by June 15
Pages 3 – 48

Week 2 – complete by June 22
Pages 49 – 94

Week 3 – complete by June 29
Pages 95 – 138

Week 4 – complete before the holiday weekend
Pages 139 – 183

Week  off for holiday

Week 5 – complete by July 20
Pages 184 – 227

Week 6 – complete by July 27
Pages 227 – 248

Week  7 – complete by August 3
Pages 250 – 309

**Anastasis students,
If you have questions, please email Mrs. Baldwin.

HAPPY READING!

8 thoughts on “Virtual Book Club

1. Mrs. Baldwin says:

So what do you think about August?

What kind of a person do you think he is?

What do you think so far about this book?

2. Augest has a really hard life, and a lot of people mistreat him.

I think Augest is a really unique, full of wonder, and a nice character.

I really enjoy this book! This is one of my favorite books I have read this summer.

3. I feel bad for Auggie because how they described him that way, like is eyes are half way down his cheek, and he had a lot of surgeries.

I think Auggie is a really special person/ character, because just because people think he is different type of look doesn’t mean treat him poorly.

I love this book and because of I want to read this book more, and more.

• Maddie,

I totally agree with you. I loved reading this book so much, I didn’t want it to end! So, I read it again. 🙂

Do you think that Auggie feels sorry for himself, or do you think he just wants to be treated as if he is just like every other kid?

Mrs. B

4. I think it would be hard to live a life like August. He has been handling it very we’ll so far. I think he is a person with a lot of kindness. I like this book because the author wrote the book so that you can read about the other characters in the book, and experience their story too.

• Samantha,

I think Auggie is a person who has learned to be kind, even though he hasn’t always been treated with kindness. What do you think helped him to learn that?

Mrs. B

5. I’m glad you’re enjoying the book! It is definitely one of my favorites!

Questions:

Why do you think the author chose to tell the story from many points of view? We hear August’s point of view, Olivia’s, Summer’s, Justin’s, etc. Do you think that helps you understand the story more?

How would you feel if you were Olivia? What would that be like?

6. I feel sad for jack because, I wouldn’t want my friends to egnored me. It was nice to email Auggie, and saying sorry about saying what he said on Halloween. I think he is a good boy, though sometimes he can be mean. This book is happy, sad, and more, kind of feelings from evry character.